Having a Static trade show booth is considered boring to today’s attendees. The next time you walk a trade show floor, look around and witness the empty booths whose staffers were hypnotically gazing down at their iPhones.
With trade shows operating as one of your company’s largest marketing expenditures, a passive operation is an unacceptable solution.
The old way of handing out pens, stress balls and gizmos with your logo is a nice gesture, but let me ask you this: How many times did you choose to do business with a company because of a pen giveaway? While Trade Show giveaways may have your logo printed on them, they do not convey your company’s overall brand, message or product information. See below how you can shake things up a bit more than that.
Time and time again, we’ve witnessed potential leads dart from booth to booth with a mission to collect every potential freebie at the trade show or event, all without stopping to experience the company’s brand and message.
So what can you do to stop trade show attendees n their tracks, generate a constant flow of leads, and deliver your company’s brand and message?
5 Easy-to-Apply Ideas for Creating an Action-Centered-Branded Trade Show Booth:
- Create a Plan of Action: Your trade show team staffers need to go into the show with a direct, strategic plan. Know exactly the kind of results that you want, and then target higher. Develop written goals for the event or trade show and get the entire team’s emotional buy in. Passive trade show booths are a waste of money and your time. Each booth staffer should know exactly what the message is with key points and which idyllic leads to target for the show. The presentations should be pre-written, rehearsed and perfected for your overall company story to play out.
- No Chairs for Booth Staffers: Having chairs at your trade show booth makes it too tempting for your staff to sit down. Observing a booth with a seated staffer does not convey an invitation to enter the booth space. Chairs offered for attendees are a different story and can be useful. It gives trade show attendees a place to sit during your presentation and can also become a place to relax and socialize. The more visitors around your booth the better as a crowd always attracts a crowd.
- Involve Social Media: If you choose to incorporate a giveaway, create a way for attendees to earn it. For example, giveaways are only offered to those who view your presentation, or to those who engage in posting or hashtag something about your company or trade show booth. Everyone is carrying a cell phone these days and are happy to do this. This can turn a lead into thousands!
- Entertainment: Hire a professional entertainer whose skillset will complement your company’s branding and message into short presentations throughout the day. Magicians, jugglers, game show hosts are expert speakers and communicators. Many will effortlessly combine your brand and message into visual ‘mini-shows’ to attract crowds and convert them into leads. Research that was conducted by Exhibit Surveys, Inc. of Red Bank, New Jersey, revealed that live entertainment and demonstrations are the most effective means for attracting booth visitors in an exhibition hall. Also, magicians received the highest ratings for product recognition and identification. Allow them gather the crowd and pass them on to your sales team.
- Create an Experience: Incorporate your company’s branding, awareness, and perception into modes that reach all 5 senses. Let them feel, hear and see your product or message in action. If you want to include smell and taste, consider giving away branded treats or snacks in your booth. By creating a full sensual experience, your brand will be forever shaped in their memories.
Turning your trade show booth into an action-based branding and message experience is an important step to ensure maximum return on your investment. Think big, create a plan, implement that plan, and follow through!
For more information or to schedule a free consultation, please contact an EXHIB-IT! Trade Show Marketing Expert today!